Taspir: Clan Edition

ZeroTM

Post by ZeroTM » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:38 pm

Now this is a fine map of the default Taspir that we have for ffa, there are just so many add-ons. I think this should be added to frag server and maybe main if possible.

Click Here For The Map

Thanks to BombsAway for this find.

Here's the Author's (SkaterJohn16) description of map add-ons:

Level's description : FFA5 with JA+ and sophisticated clan play in mind. Changes made to the original:
- An observation deck is hung above the "main pad". Ideal for council/admin use. Has a lower hatch and a side door openable only from the inside. From the outside, you can see out in all directions, including watching battles on the main pad below. This is good for initiation duels or training so council members or clan leaders can watch with a birds-eye view. Other players cannot see the inside of the observation deck from the outside. There are 5 controls in the deck - The 2 door toggles, a lighting button that strikes the pad, a lightning reset button to fix glitchy lightning strikes, and a strobe light for climactic dueling below.
- A second pad identical to the main one is placed high above the original. This pad is still accessable from the buildings, and is basically there to add more fighting space. Also good for private dueling, since the observation deck hangs below it.
- The rooftops of all the buildings are now textured, with specific dueling environments on each one. The building above the elevator to the bottom pad near the lava has access to the rooftops and to the higher main pad.
- The annoying slow elevator in the largest building has been removed, and is replaced with a sophisticated teleportation system allowing access to ALL FOUR FLOORS! The previously untextured room near the top has been textured and has a hatch for roof access.
- A bar/lounge has been added to the level. You can find it where the door blocked by a box once was near the bottom of the map. Calming lava waterfalls relax you from battle as you sit around the dim-lit bar and chat with friends.
- The lava glow is now brighter, and more realistic. This adds more light to the extremely dark bottom pad as well. It also lights up the building interiors with a more moody red glow.
- Lava now splashes and has a red "underwater" color. Much more realistic, and now guaranteed to kill upon contact.
- A more action packed music is implemented - the music for the final duel in singleplayer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

BombsAway

Post by BombsAway » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:41 pm

God you jerk! >_< I was gonna post it first!!! Grah!!!!!!!1!!!!1
Anyways I'll go ahead and post what I was gonna T_T

I came across this today and thought that it would make for a good use ^_^

- An observation deck is hung above the "main pad". Ideal for council/admin use. Has a lower hatch and a side door openable only from the inside. From the outside, you can see out in all directions, including watching battles on the main pad below. This is good for initiation duels or training so council members or clan leaders can watch with a birds-eye view. Other players cannot see the inside of the observation deck from the outside. There are 5 controls in the deck - The 2 door toggles, a lighting button that strikes the pad, a lightning reset button to fix glitchy lightning strikes, and a strobe light for climactic dueling below.
- A second pad identical to the main one is placed high above the original. This pad is still accessable from the buildings, and is basically there to add more fighting space. Also good for private dueling, since the observation deck hangs below it.
- The rooftops of all the buildings are now textured, with specific dueling environments on each one. The building above the elevator to the bottom pad near the lava has access to the rooftops and to the higher main pad.
- The annoying slow elevator in the largest building has been removed, and is replaced with a sophisticated teleportation system allowing access to ALL FOUR FLOORS! The previously untextured room near the top has been textured and has a hatch for roof access.
- A bar/lounge has been added to the level. You can find it where the door blocked by a box once was near the bottom of the map. Calming lava waterfalls relax you from battle as you sit around the dim-lit bar and chat with friends.
- The lava glow is now brighter, and more realistic. This adds more light to the extremely dark bottom pad as well. It also lights up the building interiors with a more moody red glow.
- Lava now splashes and has a red "underwater" color. Much more realistic, and now guaranteed to kill upon contact.
- A more action packed music is implemented - the music for the final duel in singleplayer.

Super Awesome, and I give it a Bombs's Score of 10 outa 10 for all around Clan-liness ^_^

(Edit)
Omg I hate you Zero >_<

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:41 pm

I remember that. It was made for SNJ, which I was a part of over a year ago or so. I used to play all the time on it.

*edit*

Personally, I think the main server should only have the default maps, with other maps being loaded on the frag server.

[color=6480CE]Name: Wraith
Rank/Profession: Padawan
Lightsaber: Blue-bladed Adept hilt
Master: [color=0746FC]Cruiser[/color][color=A0C5E8]X[/color][color=0746FC]{JK}[/color]
Apprentice: N/A
Model: Jedi Trainer[/color]

Mydin

Post by Mydin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:38 am

Personally i preffer the default taspir map more... but ill decide wen i actually play it

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Leonhart

Post by Leonhart » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:36 am

Sounds awesome going to check it out

Mydin

Post by Mydin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:15 am

Well...its not that bad

the worst thing i noyiced is instead pf the elevtor going up and down continuously...you have switches next to it that you walk into and you teleport up/down...i prefered the elevators

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Well, I have to admit. This map does make the default version of Taspir seem incomplete. That's my opinion of course. The music is far better than the default, which I find boring.

Those who like playing snipers when we have merc wars on the default Taspir probably won't find this map much fun.

I still think this map should not be loaded on the main server, which should only have the default maps to maximize traffic.

[color=6480CE]Name: Wraith
Rank/Profession: Padawan
Lightsaber: Blue-bladed Adept hilt
Master: [color=0746FC]Cruiser[/color][color=A0C5E8]X[/color][color=0746FC]{JK}[/color]
Apprentice: N/A
Model: Jedi Trainer[/color]

Gecko

Post by Gecko » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:00 pm

It lookes good to me.This will provide more trainning space on battom of map.

superbattlekiller

Post by superbattlekiller » Tue May 02, 2006 2:26 pm

It looks Awsome you should put it on the main server and if you van get it on the website so i can download it Superbattlekiler sining off

superbattlekiller

Post by superbattlekiller » Tue May 02, 2006 2:47 pm

I is one of the best maps that i have ever played we really should put it on an then train because we could have tons of training at defrent levels superbttlekiller sighning off.