MBII on the lugormod server

User avatar
IrishDragon
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Finland and USA
Contact:

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by IrishDragon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Due to inactivity and no feedback from the developers regarding lugormod, I'm currently uploading MBII to the 3rd server.
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin




Kalek
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:00 am

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Kalek » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Yay! :D

Walker
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:00 am

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Walker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:06 am

Oh my, I do believe I may have a reason to reinstall JKA. Granted my scratched up, soda stickied tarnished disks still work.

Walker
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:00 am

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Walker » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:02 pm

You do realize MBII isnt like JA+ where you install the version you want right? Gotta be the latest release or no one will play on it.

User avatar
IrishDragon
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Finland and USA
Contact:

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:27 am

Ahh, I don't know what the latest version is. :lol:
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin




Leafy
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am
Location: None of your god-damn business

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Leafy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 am

IrishDragon,Nov 30 2009, 02:27 PM wrote: Ahh, I don't know what the latest version is. :lol:
Not even taking in consideration that you are running a linux based server, not start an open discussion on the differences between windows and linux.
Carbine wrote:Go act mature somewhere else. This is the internet buddy.
Oracle,The Matrix wrote:What do all men with power want? More power.
Danny Vinyard,American History X wrote:So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right?

Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong.

User avatar
IrishDragon
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Finland and USA
Contact:

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 am

Leafy,Nov 30 2009, 09:50 AM wrote:
IrishDragon,Nov 30 2009, 02:27 PM wrote: Ahh, I don't know what the latest version is.    :lol:
Not even taking in consideration that you are running a linux based server, not start an open discussion on the differences between windows and linux.
That should have very little to do with anything actually. Most gamers want to play games being hosted on Linux Servers.

The fact that the servers are Linux does not mean that only linux users can play. This just means that the mod developers need to provide linux binary host files.

Walker is only refering to the version number. I am currently running B19. For all I know B21 has come out.

*B17 and B19 were the only two versions of the MovieBattles MOD that I was aware of.*
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin




Leafy
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am
Location: None of your god-damn business

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Leafy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 am

Not what I was motioning at.

Much like lugor, Jk3 mods require different files for different operating systems.

Since most development is being made for Microsoft Windows Operating systems, the latest release for Movie Battles may not be the latest version up to date, compared to say a Windows-based server release for said Jk3 mod.

Then again, I may be way off, as I have not dug very deep in the MB modification for Jk3.
Carbine wrote:Go act mature somewhere else. This is the internet buddy.
Oracle,The Matrix wrote:What do all men with power want? More power.
Danny Vinyard,American History X wrote:So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right?

Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong.

User avatar
IrishDragon
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Finland and USA
Contact:

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 am

Leafy,Nov 30 2009, 11:14 AM wrote: Not what I was motioning at.

Much like lugor, Jk3 mods require different files for different operating systems.

Since most development is being made for Microsoft Windows Operating systems, the latest release for Movie Battles may not be the latest version up to date, compared to say a Windows-based server release for said Jk3 mod.

Then again, I may be way off, as I have not dug very deep in the MB modification for Jk3.
Yes, they do require different files for different operating systems.

Example:

The Japlus mod that we ALL download contains the following fills: jampgamei386.so - Linux
jampgamei386.dll - Windows
jampgamei386.mac - Macintosh

Now, not ALL mods provide cross based files for their mods. Lugormod did for a while, I have not seen any newly release linux server files.

As for players... I am not sure, but I don't believe Macintosh users were able to use the japlus mod until Slider *creator of JAplus* began to include the .mac files with the japlus mod. These .mac files did NOT have to be loaded to the server in order for the Macintosh players to play.

On our server we only have the .so files because the server is linux. Anyone using Windows, Linux, or Macintosh operating systems have always been able to play on our server.

As for MovieBattles, I've never really followed their progress in updates. I am not even sure where to download the files from. I do know that they would contain the correct files for the linux server though. As for client-side support (windows, linux, mac) I am sure they cover at least the Windows and Linux users *I have no idea about the macintosh users.*
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin




Walker
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:00 am

MBII on the lugormod server

Post by Walker » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:31 pm

MovieBattles II- Release Candidate 3 Patch 4 Full Server Files

http://www.moddb.com/mods/movie-battles ... stallation

Anti-Cheat for MBII- (Place in GameData)

http://www.moviebattles.com/download/do ... app&loc=17


Those are the only two files you NEED to have to run the server, slightly over a gigabyte. You can get the Movie Map Pack if you want to play full authentic (makes it very movie-like) or the Community Map Pack (just a bunch of extra maps, not always good).

As for the configuration, I'd suggest launching MBII and seeing what maps the most populated servers are running and running those in rotation (mb2_map not mb2_cmp_map) or just finding the best map and running it titled AoF 24/7 (that map). Open mode is the best for drawing in players and dont use point progression, give them max points from the beginning or people will just go bleh and leave. The most popular servers always run anywhere from 1-3 favorite maps in rotation with open mode full points.

Post Reply