Are we happy with the christmas rotation?

Do we like the christmast map rotation?

Yes Edit
47%
No Edit
33%
I have not been to the server AT ALL so I can not really vote anything. Edit
20%

Total votes: 15

Leafy

Post by Leafy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Ok, plain down right and simple.

I personally think the current rotation sucks balls, mind my French, and would like to use this poll to reflect the opinion of the players that are ACTUALLY exposed to this cruel method of torture out to the ones responsible.

I respect the decision to have a themed rotation and would encourage them to do so next time, except don't include every map that has some trace of snow in it.

While each an every map has something unique, cool, or possibly some entertaining factor buried in them, I for one do not like it and when presented itself, I will ask any JK or higher to change the current map in to BlueIce Twilight, because plain simply it offers the greatest value for us (Clients) to RP in it and possibly achieve a somewhat recent fun-to-playtime ratio.

I would like to ask and/ or encourage every member to vote on this poll. I have even added an option for those lazy enough to not show up at the server at all. No disrespect intended, but it's just the plain truth, despite the (good) intentions of everyone.
Carbine wrote:Go act mature somewhere else. This is the internet buddy.
Oracle,The Matrix wrote:What do all men with power want? More power.
Danny Vinyard,American History X wrote:So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right?

Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong.

Verlathor

Post by Verlathor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Must say I agree here.

Most of the christmas maps are crappy to play on. Blue ice and winter's gift are the only ones I enjoy, but they're still somewhat annoying with the snowfall.

Maps like christmasretreat have no bot support so it's incredibly annoying to do anything on there, all the while listening to jumping noises.

I think the rotation should be set to about 3 good maps and perhaps the time limit extended.
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

Leafy

Post by Leafy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Verlathor,Dec 2 2009, 11:46 PM wrote: I think the rotation should be set to about 3 good maps and perhaps the time limit extended.
While we're at it.

g_allowvote "1"
jp_votesDisable "4090" *

*Source: http://www.japlus.net/bitvalueCalculator.php#
Danny Vinyard,American History X wrote:So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right?

Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong.

Novus'Olm

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 pm

The Christmas Maps, regardless of their level of quality, have been an AoF Tradition since its founding, and will not change regardless of what the outcome of this poll.

While you intended no disrespect, Game/Leaf, it happened anyway.

Vote as you like, the maps stay, and will not be an acceptable excuse for inactivity in any way, shape, or form.

Now, if you have better ideas of Christmas Themed Maps that you want added to the server, or to replace a current map, then that's understandable, but we will not decrease the rotation to one or two christmas maps just because snow is "annoying."

Leaf wrote:While we're at it.

g_allowvote "1"
jp_votesDisable "4090" *

^That probably won't happen either, as there is a glitch in some client side trackers that allow the hijacking of certiant server settings, plus map change abuse.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Leafy

Post by Leafy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Xzorin Tsara,Dec 3 2009, 12:23 AM wrote:
Leaf wrote:While we're at it.

g_allowvote "1"
jp_votesDisable "4090" *

^That probably won't happen either, as there is a glitch in some client side trackers that allow the hijacking of certiant server settings, plus map change abuse.
Irishdragon wrote: I believe changing maps is now available as well, via a vote.

Kalek

Post by Kalek » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:59 pm

I think ID may have meant ingame voting there Leafy

Leafy

Post by Leafy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Kalek,Dec 3 2009, 12:59 AM wrote: I think ID may have meant ingame voting there Leafy
... What am I referring to then?

Kalek

Post by Kalek » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 pm

I guess I misunderstood, it sounded like you wanted maps taken out of rotation

Verlathor

Post by Verlathor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm

The snow wasn't my main point.

And we don't want to ruin the christmas map cycle, but a crap load of them are...well...crappy.

At least can we remove christmasretreat for the simple reason that there's no bot support and it hurts my ears? T_T
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

ZeroTM

Post by ZeroTM » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:48 pm

thx for the 3rd option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm