new server

(Aof)Redemption

new server

Post by (Aof)Redemption » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:26 pm

hey i was wondering if this clan wanted to use my server as a clan server. Its a duel processor windows server family nt tech with 2.5 gigs of memory. You guys interested?

The_Needler

new server

Post by The_Needler » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:41 pm

why not lol we could always use another....one for ffa one for siege or something
thats me THE NEEDLER not nedler or needle (SWars)

(Aof)Redemption

new server

Post by (Aof)Redemption » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:52 pm

hmm i was thinking of it being hang out and chill cause i got this rpg thing going on and of course we got to clear it up with irishdragon

IrishDragon

new server

Post by IrishDragon » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:15 pm

Like I have said to others in the past...I thank you for the generousity, however, I feel it is unwise to split the server from the main server account fund control. This has been a problem that has plagued many clans, and it ends with nothing but issues.
Also, any server we would get would make it hard to just be a place to 'hang out' A server requires a lot of connection speed T-1 or higher to accommodate large amounts of traffic from players who may or may not have broadband.
Windows NT is no match for the stability and longevity of Linux. It runs too many processes most of which are unnecessary (thanks a lot Bill Gates.)

Greed leads to the darkside...and eventually clan destructions.

However thank you for the offer. I do believe we are in need of an FTP server...that is something we would be interested in. B)

Also feel free to make donations so that we can afford a 2nd server from our server company. Click the paypal link ^_^
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

ianthegood

new server

Post by ianthegood » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:33 am

we could use it for duel if it's on broadband. that doesn't need much of anything

Wucky

new server

Post by Wucky » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:19 am

Or maybe a match server, so all the other players can remain on the main server B)
OMG OWNZ0R!!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.-
Name: Wucky
Lightsaber: Crystal
Lightsaber Form: Vaaped
Lightsaber Style: Single
Clothing: Rodian merc/bounty hunter cloths. Download here!
Master: Self taught
-.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.-

Midnitte

new server

Post by Midnitte » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 am

or you could listen to id...besides right now we really dont need another one..just be lucky we have 1

Handi

new server

Post by Handi » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:09 am

If you have to pay for it, then I wouldn't want to make you do that. If its free, perhaps duel would work (like Ian said). In duel its only 2 people fighting at one time.

I think that would be a good idea.

(Aof)Redemption

new server

Post by (Aof)Redemption » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:47 am

okay anyway the contract i made with rpg may nto go through and you guys may not want it so i have a choice by accident lol. Ill probably make it a duel server and the i could install another proccesing program like xp or linux if i really wanted to so.....i can make it a siege or duel if you could use it.

(Aof)Redemption

new server

Post by (Aof)Redemption » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:52 am

the internet connections great i think i got 100mb from a connection i have min my house from router close enough to my server and from my modem. So its got pretty good ping. And yes i know what ID was talking about "greed". I have had experiences...including how i ran a clan that lasted 5 months which fell apart partly due to the co-leader (not that they arent cool) and the fact that we had exspanded so fast with multiple servers.