Several Announcements

IrishDragon

Several Announcements

Post by IrishDragon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:33 am

The AoF clan forums will be getting updated in the near future. Hopefully by the end of the year of not sooner. You can find more information here.

http://support.invisionfree.com/index.p ... try4962236

Recently our gaming server provider has canceled the account of a CoD2 clan that promoted and hosted cheats. Those type of people ruin the game for all. They were asked to remove the cheats or be canceled. They did not choose either, so the owner made the choice for them. Let's hear it for our main man Aura's Turkey, the punk buster! You can read more about that here.

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index ... opic=19538

Also, a link to that cheat clan's forums will show you right there that they promote the use of aim.bot in their normal game play.

http://www.45thidclan.org

So in summary...

Our forums will be updated and much more easily maintained on my end with many more options for me to make available for your enjoyment.

Our gaming server company owner fights the darkside and prevails when he removes service from a group of cheaters.

A group of cheaters trash talks him, but slanderous words are no match for honorable acts

~IrishDragon
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Commander Salvo

Several Announcements

Post by Commander Salvo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:36 pm

Hmm Why can't they have cheats, if they pay for that server, whats it got to do with escaped turkeys owner?

IrishDragon

Several Announcements

Post by IrishDragon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Poor sportsman ship. Gaming is about your ability to play the game with what you can do with the hardware you have. It is not about ruining other players good times by using cheat scripts, programs, etc...

He did the CoD2 community a favor, and thusly gaming communities in general.

If you want to cheat, go play single player with God mode, unlimited ammo, and clipping mode turned on. Multiplayer is not the place for that. ;)
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

DeathStrikeVirus

Several Announcements

Post by DeathStrikeVirus » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm not sure about CoD, but in UT, it says in the EULA that cheating online is illegal. In UT you are banned from every server in the world if you are caught cheating, your CD key deleted, and you are ordered by the law to uninstall the game. We don't like losers either. ;)

Commander Salvo

Several Announcements

Post by Commander Salvo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:08 pm

I know it's really cheap, but unless it's illegal, I don't see how he can do that...

BombsAway

Several Announcements

Post by BombsAway » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:12 pm

Tis is illegal, so-says DSV

Raikiri

Several Announcements

Post by Raikiri » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:45 pm

salvo, I think that it's probably in the renters contract that the owner of the server can disconnect service or wtvr for any reason, as long as there' a refund involved or soemthing *shrug*

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.

Raikiri

Several Announcements

Post by Raikiri » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Yesterday 12:50 AM] KIWI: oh well, just have to play on some inferrior server til ours is back up
[Yesterday 12:45 AM] GoneCrzy69: rude......no understated................yes
[Yesterday 12:42 AM] KIWI: some anonymous person told escapedturkey that their servers are shit....isn't that rude????

hahahaha... read bottom up

.... despicable... they actually offer the frieking bots on their forum for DL >.< they need to be shut down by their new server provider too... wonder who they rent from?

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.