Webserver hosted forums

IrishDragon

Webserver hosted forums

Post by IrishDragon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Currently installing and testing a new forum to utilize our domain name, and our web server.

Desired goal:

http://www.aof-clan.net/forums/index.php <---- Currently works

This link will be the entry URL to any new forum I decide to go with.
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

IrishDragon

Webserver hosted forums

Post by IrishDragon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 am

These forums now work.

http://www.aof-clan.net/forums

Registration has been turned off as development, then population of these forums progresses.

Feel free to keep an eye out on the progress.

As for my creative folks, I need to speak with you on graphical additions we could use.

B)
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

ZeroTM

Webserver hosted forums

Post by ZeroTM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 am

the avatar being on the right feels completely awkward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

IrishDragon

Webserver hosted forums

Post by IrishDragon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:42 am

I agree with you on that. It can be fixed. I'm rather new to the phpbb3 layout and administration, so I will have to play with it a bit. ;)
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Malpatta

Webserver hosted forums

Post by Malpatta » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:01 pm

I absolutely dislike the color scheme, and I agree with the logo thing. The current color scheme is awesome, maybe you could tweak it a little, but that would be it. Besides that, I think walker's AoF orb is a good idea for the site. At least it's worth a try.

Kalek

Webserver hosted forums

Post by Kalek » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:40 pm

I am curious, whats wrong with the forums we currently have? Are they more expensive or something?

IrishDragon

Webserver hosted forums

Post by IrishDragon » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Kalek,Oct 19 2008, 11:40 PM wrote: I am curious, whats wrong with the forums we currently have? Are they more expensive or something?
Well, the latest incident was pretty bad. We lost two days of forum posts. We cannot have the forums we currently have under the domain of www.aof-clan.net/forums unless we pay a lot of money.

~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Malpatta

Webserver hosted forums

Post by Malpatta » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:23 am

IrishDragon,Oct 19 2008, 10:53 PM wrote:
Kalek,Oct 19 2008, 11:40 PM wrote: I am curious, whats wrong with the forums we currently have? Are they more expensive or something?
Well, the latest incident was pretty bad. We lost two days of forum posts. We cannot have the forums we currently have under the domain of www.aof-clan.net/forums unless we pay a lot of money.
Ah, then get to it, I guess. Though I would still go with something based on the current forum layout. And of course, is it possible to get rid of that HUGE phpbb sign on the top and replace it with AoF and its logo?

IrishDragon

Webserver hosted forums

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:39 am

Malpatta,Oct 20 2008, 01:23 AM wrote:
IrishDragon,Oct 19 2008, 10:53 PM wrote:
Ah, then get to it, I guess. Though I would still go with something based on the current forum layout. And of course, is it possible to get rid of that HUGE phpbb sign on the top and replace it with AoF and its logo?
I haven't gotten around to the beautification of the forums yet.

There are a lot of back-end things I am working on. Like creating groups, setting permissions, figuring out the admin features, as well as the best way to structure the forums so that they are easily read.

Once I have that rolling THEN I will start working with visuals. However, I may need some custom works, and I need some graphics people ready to roll and work with me.

So if someone would like to help, I need an AoF image with the follwing dimensions, 139px × 52px and it should be a .gif file.
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Malpatta

Webserver hosted forums

Post by Malpatta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:59 pm

IrishDragon,Oct 20 2008, 12:39 AM wrote:
Malpatta,Oct 20 2008, 01:23 AM wrote:
IrishDragon,Oct 19 2008, 10:53 PM wrote: Well, the latest incident was pretty bad. We lost two days of forum posts. We cannot have the forums we currently have under the domain of www.aof-clan.net/forums unless we pay a lot of money.
I haven't gotten around to the beautification of the forums yet.

There are a lot of back-end things I am working on. Like creating groups, setting permissions, figuring out the admin features, as well as the best way to structure the forums so that they are easily read.

Once I have that rolling THEN I will start working with visuals. However, I may need some custom works, and I need some graphics people ready to roll and work with me.

So if someone would like to help, I need an AoF image with the follwing dimensions, 139px × 52px and it should be a .gif file.
I'll try if u get noone else, because, to be honest, my artistic work is barely worthy of notice, but if noone else decides to get it, I'll work on it for ya. I would PM walker first if I were you, though.