Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

IrishDragon

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by IrishDragon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 am

It would also increase the laming. Though, I see nothing wrong with adding something like that for a week or a weekend as a means of getting away from the cut and dry.
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

ZeroTM

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by ZeroTM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 am

but it can be dealt with just as ez.

i think the addition outweighs the risk of laming, if any.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

Verlathor

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Verlathor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 am

Yeah, blaster pistol sounds fun, it's the easiest of the weapons to defend against and the one most people don't know how to use, so laming shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Could also add to our skills with weapons for things like siege.

As I think you've said before, ID, learning to fight off enemies with nothing but a blaster pistol when you run out of ammo takes some skill.

As for melee, it's easy to break melee with a saber, so again laming wouldn't be that much of a problem.
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

IrishDragon

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by IrishDragon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Verlathor,Mar 10 2009, 05:24 AM wrote: Yeah, blaster pistol sounds fun, it's the easiest of the weapons to defend against and the one most people don't know how to use, so laming shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Could also add to our skills with weapons for things like siege.

As I think you've said before, ID, learning to fight off enemies with nothing but a blaster pistol when you run out of ammo takes some skill.

As for melee, it's easy to break melee with a saber, so again laming wouldn't be that much of a problem.
It is easy to defend against if you are paying attention, your saber is up, and the shooter doesn't know how to bypass your saber.

Yes, blaster is great practice. It teaches you and forces you to be accurate, as opposed to splash weapons where you get to spray and pray. Get precise with a precision weapon, you'll be dead on when using a splash weapon.

I got good using a pistol IN siege. When I ran out of ammo, I would rack up anothre 10 kills with a pistol until the inevitable occured.

Melee sparked issues in the past. Is anyone with fists up allowed to be free-for-all attacked? Is anyone with fists up allowed to claim laming?
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Mydin

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Mydin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:43 pm

When I go to the JAWA server, I sometimes like to run around with fist up to pursue a melee ffa, but often find my self dfa'd from behind. I always get frustrated with it but there it is regarded as 'melee up = free kill.'

I don't complain about it, but if given the choice, I would rather killing someone who has fists out with your saber, be regarding as laming too, since I think it is just as bad.

With pistol however, it is easier to lame with, since you can shoot someone from a distance and the victim would have much clue as to who it was unless they actually died with the message 'you were killed by so-so'

I do think that having melee and pistol activated would add a bit of fun, and 'increased' laming should be a problem with admins since they should know how to handle it anyway. And if it were to go wrong, it could always be put back to how it is now.

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Verlathor

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Verlathor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Set a rule whereby you may only engage a melee'er with melee unless they attack your saber with it first.

I see the concern about the pistol, but as long as we have godchat I don't think it'd be a problem that admins couldn't handle.

Most of the lamers are new players who don't know the rules and as such won't be as much of a threat with a blaster pistol, lamers who do know what they're doing would usually use a lightsaber.

I think for the extra interest it would be worth the potential of rule breaking! X)

Verlathor

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Verlathor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Ok just to comment on this update.

W...t...h?

I've been silenced twice for using bad language, the filter blocks out noob, cut and something within the sentence "I hardly need help."

I'd suggest this filter is removed unless we want our conversations to limit to "gf" "lol" "hi" and "bye"

ZeroTM

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by ZeroTM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:32 pm

IrishDragon,Mar 10 2009, 12:44 PM wrote: Melee sparked issues in the past. Is anyone with fists up allowed to be free-for-all attacked?
yes
IrishDragon wrote:Is anyone with fists up allowed to claim laming?
no

just be done with it. if you use melee, know the consequences.

Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

Mydin

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Mydin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm

ZeroTM,Mar 11 2009, 04:32 AM wrote:
IrishDragon,Mar 10 2009, 12:44 PM wrote: Melee sparked issues in the past.  Is anyone with fists up allowed to be free-for-all attacked?
yes
IrishDragon wrote:Is anyone with fists up allowed to claim laming?
no

just be done with it. if you use melee, know the consequences.
I disagree. I have already said why. :X

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Novus'Olm

Testing JA+ 2.4beta 4

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

I disabled the word filter today when I was online, mainly due to the fact that every time I said "Class" I got my entire sentence erased, and got auto silenced.

Also, the "Fuel" gauge on the Grapple is completely retarded. The fact that you can cut people's grapple hook is just another excuse for someone to start laming and be free and clear because they can cry "Accident".

As far as Melee/Pistol goes, I vote a resounding No.

We've had far too many issues in the past with Melee, as it sparks too many Lame-Wars or random FFAs that interrupt everyone else. Not to mention, the last time I checked we were a Jedi Order, not a bunch of merc or Ninja Noobs. This is yet another excuse for people to attempt turning this Jedi Order into a bunch of random people killing eachother with whatever we can get our hands on.

Frankly, do what you want. Enable it, Disable it, I don't care. But if it is enabled, the first person to attack me just because my mouse wheel moved me into Melee mode, is getting locked in Spec for 10 minutes. Period.

Call me old fashioned, but I think all this mod does is try to turn JA into the every day online bash-cut-slash-shoot-die game. Server Traffic or not.

Overall, I think JA+2.4 is a waste of time. It's got way too many pointless additions, and the new moves are an accident waiting to happen.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules