Website

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:13 am

I've contacted our web-host requesting that our service be restarted. We should have enough in the AoF fund to pay for this years service. (roughly $70-$78 for the domain and the hosting service)
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Sidious

Website

Post by Sidious » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:51 am

Nice Job, now it'll be much easier for people who are looking for the clan to find the forums, instead of saying, http://z6.invisionfree.com/Angels_Of_Fire/index.php

Echo

He has to believe it.
Faith is not enough he has to know it.
Knowing is not enough.
He has to see it.

Raikiri

Website

Post by Raikiri » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 pm

IrishDragon,Jul 3 2010, 05:13 AM wrote: I've contacted our web-host requesting that our service be restarted. We should have enough in the AoF fund to pay for this years service. (roughly $70-$78 for the domain and the hosting service)
let me know if you're short and how much via PM

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:42 am

I've re-signed with their sister site as per my contacts request. They should be loading up our files soon.

The funds we have now should be enough.

Would be nice if that movie contest prize line-up was for the AoF store items. ;) :lol:
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Raikiri

Website

Post by Raikiri » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:25 am

part of it is.

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 pm

aof-clan.net domain name expired and is being held by the registrar, it could be several weeks before it becomes available again for public purchase. We could register aof-clan.com and then we could register aof.clan.net when it becomes available again.
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

ZeroTM

Website

Post by ZeroTM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:11 pm

What's the difference between .net and .com?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:10 am

I believe .com is available for 10 years.
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:03 am

Email submitted to support@name.com (the registrar who leased out our domain name to the current lease holder)
Good Morning/Afternoon,

My name is Matthew McGowan, for the past several years I have been running a star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy gaming clan website.  Recently I have moved overseas to finalize plans to be married to my fiancé, whom I just married.  During that time it seems that my web-address came up for renewal and the account had a few dollars less in it than required.  I’ve been in contact with my webhost whom is waiting to re-launch my website, however my domain name is currently being leased out by you to some wacked out travel site which doesn’t even make sense for why they chose my domain name over countless others which are currently available.

The domain name is aof-clan.net

I am formally requesting that the lease be pulled from the current lease holder because the lessee cannot provide a greater claim to the name than my trademarked clan is able to.  Our gaming servers are all linked to the URL.  Our forums are all linked to our URL.  Our 5+ years worth of guests, visitors, and members all bookmark our URL.
We would appreciate anything you can do to provide us access to our domain of 5+ years.

Thank you for your time,

Matthew McGowan
Founder of Angels of Fire gaming clan [AoF]
Currently only found at http://z6.invisionfree.com/angels_of_fire
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

IrishDragon

Website

Post by IrishDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Email sent to poento2009@gmail.com the current lease holder who is leaching our domain name.
Good Morning/Afternoon,

My name is Matthew McGowan, for the past several years I have been running a star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy gaming clan website.  Recently I have moved overseas to finalize plans to be married to my fiancé, whom I just married.  During that time it seems that my web-address came up for renewal and the account had a few dollars less in it than required.  I’ve been in contact with my webhost whom is waiting to re-launch my website, however my domain name is currently being leased out to you for hosting some wacked out travel site which doesn’t even make sense.  Not 100% clear on why you chose my domain name over countless others which are currently available and similar such as the .com

The domain name is aof-clan.net

I am formally requesting that you cancel your lease on aof-clan.net so that name.com may re-issue this to my gaming clan.

We would appreciate anything you can do to provide us access to our domain of 5+ years.

Thank you for your time,

Matthew McGowan
Founder of Angels of Fire gaming clan [AoF] Currently only found at http://z6.invisionfree.com/angels_of_fire
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin