Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

LightRiot

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by LightRiot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 pm

if the purpose of the bots is solely to make the server appear more active, its possible (not sure exactly how..) to keep the bots in spec. this way they can't interfere with the gameplay but the server still says that there are 6 players on. i think it was the JoF server that i saw do this.
´feast»

ZeroTM

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by ZeroTM » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:29 pm

The main problem for me is the gameplay. They're useless and they get in the way a lot, especially if you're a merc and a bot just hogs the same area or trips your mines. They're a waste of ammo and I see a lot of players have been focusing on them when they should be focusing on the real players.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

LightRiot

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by LightRiot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 pm

yeah. this would be a good solution methinks ;)
´feast»

Novus'Olm

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Any admin can force the bots to spec by /amforceteam <bot slot number> s and then /amlockteam s

However, Rcon holders can disable bots while people are playing by /rcon bot_minplayers 0 and then /rcon kick allbots

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

LightRiot

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by LightRiot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:14 pm

that i know. i wasnt sure if you could make spec'd bots default in the server.cfg file or not. its not exactly practical to rely on rcon holders all the time. and would you need to lock the spec team?

-edit- if you /rcon bot_ you'll see that there are aloooot of bot cvars that can be changed. though outside of bot_minplayers i dont have a clue what the rest do lol.
´feast»

ZeroTM

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by ZeroTM » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 am

Novus'Olm,Aug 4 2010, 06:15 PM wrote: Any admin can force the bots to spec by /amforceteam <bot slot number> s and then /amlockteam s

However, Rcon holders can disable bots while people are playing by /rcon bot_minplayers 0 and then /rcon kick allbots
It would be easier to just remove them than having to spec them every time an admin arrives.

Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

IrishDragon

Server #2 Jedi vs Merc

Post by IrishDragon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Set bots to 0.

This change will occur when the server resets at 4:00AM Central Time (I believe).

My one concern is that the bots brought people in. Without the bot no newbies will arrive.

But we shall look at the server traffic after a week or two and see if this helps or hinders the traffic.
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin