AoF Game Servers are gone

IrishDragon

AoF Game Servers are gone

Post by IrishDragon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 pm

Greetings,

A note from our former game server host.
Important announcement to EscapedTurkey Game Server clients
We have some exciting news to share with you concerning our EscapedTurkey Game Server hosting service.

Over the years, the number one request that we received from users and clans is the request to customize their game server even further. Some of the older games now have open source game servers that require different binaries and different versions of libraries that could not be replaced on our legacy service. Several users also wanted to host games that couldn't be installed on our existing system.

We are pleased to offer everyone the opportunity to migrate their legacy EscapedTurkey Game Server onto a Cloud Linux Virtual Machine from GorillaNerd!
This means that you will have complete (root) access to a Linux virtual machine and you can not only install any kind of game server you want, any libraries and dependencies you need, but even use the server to run a website, voice chat server or any other service that you please (as long as it has enough resources).

To take advantage of this, you need to be familiar with how to use and administrate a Linux server or have a friend or clanmate who can help you out, because you will need to known Linux enough to install your game server and migrate any required files to it.

Please simply reply to this email that you are interested and let us know which distribution you prefer, if you want another distribution than CentOS. We can provide CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu server and will also work to accommodate any other reasonable requests. You will be provided with a Linux virtual machine with specifications matching your monthly billing price.

With this, we are also announcing the sunsetting of the EscapedTurkey legacy Game Server service.

The last day of operation for the legacy Game Server service will be on the 27th of December 2018. This means that you need to migrate your game server and files before this date, as any data left on the legacy service will no longer be accessible after the 27th.
All game servers will also be shut down as a "warning" in the beginning of December so that any people who have not received or read this email may see the warning posted on the legacy Game Server control panel.
When you migrate to your new Linux virtual machine, your old game server will remain online until the 27th so that you may inform your users of the new IP, if needed.

To receive your new Cloud Linux virtual machine, please contact us with the distribution that you prefer to receive. We will provide you with the Linux SSH login information and IP address shortly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Click here to contact us

I've reached out to the new host to see what, if anything they can and/or will do regarding our previous agreement with ET. If they are kind enough to take me up on my request, I'll have a game server or two with root access to the Linux OS, so we can run JKA and any other game with a linux based server file system.

If they tell us to go pound sand, then a basic host Linux VM server would cost us $9.99 a month. I say us, because I will not be shouldering this expense on my own. I would like to see at least a 50% donation for a year of hosting the server (i.e. $60)

Ball is in your court my Angels of Fire.

~IrishDragon
Starwarsgeek
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

ZiegFeld

Re: AoF Game Servers are gone

Post by ZiegFeld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 am

I'll donate to the server cost if needed.