Loss of AoF-Clan.com Domain

Novus'Olm

Post by Novus'Olm » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Greetings all,

As some of you may have noticed, the AoF Wiki and AoF-Clan.com URL are no longer working, and now redirect to a search/ad site.

This is due to a couple of things:
  • Lack of donations.
  • Lack of notice from Grand Master IrishDragon on the domain renewal date.
To be fair, the domain renewal/purchase should not fall to Grand Master IrishDragon alone; and with his recent travel/personal issues, the date slipped his mind.

However, this does have an impact on the order. These search/adbot sites work quickly to buy domain names that have not been renewed by their renewal date, and then turn around and either refuse or try to charge double for recovery. We had a similar thing happen to AoF-Clan.net a few years ago.

So, for the time being, the AoF Wiki and AoF-Clan.com are fully down. There is no expected date of recovery. It is important to note that the Teamspeak 3 server is also down due to lack of donations.

Please keep in mind that The Angels of Fire Jedi Order is not maintained on good will. Grand Master IrishDragon, Retired Jedi Master Anca'lime, Former Jedi Knight SBX, myself, and several other former/retired Jedi have used our personal funds over the past 8 years to keep AoF running.

We are not asking for our members to pay monthly dues, but many of you are either over the age of 16-18 and working at least part time. A single dollar assists the clan; as our month-to-month fees are not high at all; and when things like the domain come up and we do have money in the donation pool, that lessens the burden on ID and myself.

For the time being, all members should use the primary forums address: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Angels_Of_Fire/site/

If you are unsure of how to donate, please ask.

-Novus

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

IrishDragon

Post by IrishDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 am

I did not receive a renewal notice from the company. This is not the first time that has occurred.

$89 is needed to renew the domain and server.

There is no fix for the wiki if we abandon the domain and server. It's all located there on the server.

I am in the USA now, so I can act a bit faster.

Novus, contact me via facebook.

*update*

I've been in contact with the hosting company, they said if we act FAST we can get our domain back. So... think about it, just not too long.

Donations must come through here. My Euro paypal won't let me pay for it.

AoF Paypal
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

IrishDragon

Post by IrishDragon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Ok...

So I managed to get the domain and webserver back. Thank you all for your donations. You made this possible.

B)
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin