AoFWiki back online

IrishDragon

AoFWiki back online

Post by IrishDragon » Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 pm

After some downtime, the AoF Wiki is now back up and running.

I've installed the latest version of the software, synced the database, and resolved an issue with the default skin.

Wiki admins and users please let me know if you experience any issues with the Wiki.

~IrishDragon
~IrishDragon
Leader/Founder of the Angels of Fire
STEAM: irishdragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Novus'Olm

AoFWiki back online

Post by Novus'Olm » Tue May 19, 2015 1:34 pm

I'll step back in for a temporary assignment to teach the wiki. Can everyone who is interested commit to a class on Tuesday evening, May 26th, for approximately 1.5 hours? Thinking around 8pm EST.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Moosero

AoFWiki back online

Post by Moosero » Tue May 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Glad the upgrade went according to plan, I will keep the manual backup code document on my google drive for a while in case anything goes wrong (it should not do but you never know) any of the new admins can pm me for the link.

I'm also looking at the basics of skinning a wiki (looking for another project I'm working on) nothing fancy but just basic layouts/colours which in theory could bring it in line with the forum theme, or at the very least match the top banner and menu. Will keep you posted if i figure anything good out.

Also while researching the original problem for ID to help find a solution I did come across a MediaWiki Cheat Sheet and also this Formatting Guide (mostly the same as the cheat sheet with some extra details)

The MediaWiki site has tons of information on how to do pretty much anything, and is also well documented elsewhere as a quick google search will find! Good to have someone who has used it though to help teach things (cheers Novus) Would be happy to help out on the wiki if needed, however the chances of me getting online at the same time as anyone else at the moment are slim :S

Kodin

AoFWiki back online

Post by Kodin » Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 am

I will be at work unfortunately. My schedule is pretty crazy until June 4th when school lets out.

I'm currently working days AND nights with very little sleep in between. But, soon I will have days off.
Name: Kodin Vors
Skin: Kodin

Graduated Apprentices:
Hawk

IrishDragon

AoFWiki back online

Post by IrishDragon » Wed May 27, 2015 6:15 am

Has this training been done yet?
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

Moosero

AoFWiki back online

Post by Moosero » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah i would love to teach you but having never actually edited a wiki before so I doubt I would be any use :P

However as a great believer in learning by doing and believe you can always fix things if you get it wrong (but would not like to try that theory on something i don't own) so there is a sandbox on the mediawiki site for playing around with formatting stuff without breaking anything, Project Sandbox

You can of course always view the source of any wiki page (well certainly on our wiki) without being able to edit it, so you can study how certain things work if you are bored and have some free time :D

Kalek

AoFWiki back online

Post by Kalek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:44 am

Just about all of my files linked in the wiki are old and dead gamefront links. Will rehost somewhere.

IrishDragon

AoFWiki back online

Post by IrishDragon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 am

Just an FYI, clan site needs to be renewed very soon, at a cost of 80 euros or so.
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin

IrishDragon

AoFWiki back online

Post by IrishDragon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Anyone interested in donating, please contact me.
~IrishDragon
IrishDragon's Skin