The Trevor Project: A Jedi's perspective

Novus'Olm

The Trevor Project: A Jedi's perspective

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 pm

As many of you know, on September 22nd, a national media "firestorm" of sorts was unleashed when a young college student attending Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA, commited suicide after being taped by his roommate engaging in homosexual activity, and having that tape leaked across various social media tools (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace).

Unfortunately, this is not a rare occurance. Bullying and Harassment has become a rather alarming "norm" within our global society, especially among LGBT Youths.

Regardless of your own religious or moral perspectives/thoughts on the LGBT lifestyle, this sort of thing is absolutely disgusting and uncalled for.

Since the case has been covered, numerous celebritys and organizations have expressed their outrage over this behavior towards anyone, regardless of Gender, Sexual Orientation, or Religious Beliefs.

Therefore, as AoF Members and Guests, I would like to ask all of you to take the time to apply the Jedi Mindset to your everyday encounters with others. You may think, at the time of the harassment, that it's just harmless taunting, or whatever. I'd like each and every one of you to think about the feelings of another individual.

I'm not attempting to preach here, and start a Peace-loving tree-hugger movement, but I just wanted to get the message out and get people thinking. How would you like it if every time you walked into a Gamestop, someone came up and punched you in the face, called you names, threatened your life, etc?

Think about it.

For information on the case that caused me to post something like this, visit the links below:

The Trevor Project

One of many articles relating to the incident

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules