Retirement

Shipau

Retirement

Post by Shipau » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am

Well, might as well get to this before Josh does while he simultaneously eats me like a million pop-tarts. I apologize if this is in the wrong location atm, but it can be fixed of course.

As you may have noticed, or not noticed, I haven’t really been active whatsoever since... a while ago. Two or three months maybe. There are some reasons for it:

- My comp I’ve been using since I came here in ‘05 or ‘06 system-restored itself out of nowhere two months back and it lost everything my family and I ever had on it. Also, I haven’t been able to properly reinstall JA+ or anything else JKA related (other than the game itself) on my new laptop, despite help from two or three members and several ‘how-to’s’. I’m just stupid I guess and forgot how I got it on there 4 years ago. w/eves. I pretty much lost interest in trying to make it work.

- I haven’t gotten any sense of accomplishment or joy out of playing this game for the last year or so. I suppose the occasional LMS, TFFA, or watching Josh blowing stuff up with TI-Fighters is fun, but even then it feels as if we’ve had to make too much of an effort to get anyone to do any of it. Maybe it’s changed a bit, considering I’m not the most active member anymore on the server, but that little tracker on the side of the forums that I habitually check multiple times a day is telling me we’re not too active ever. We had this very well organized role playing element that everyone seemed to love and participate in when I first came here, but now it’s just ‘stand around/duel once or twice/chat a bit/deal with troll/repeat’. In short, I guess it’s just dull for me now.

- I’ve been looking for more constructive and fun ways to keep myself from getting more depressed than I’ve been getting over the last year or so, and I’ve been getting into learning to play the guitar and music in general a lot more. I’ve been writing my own material and recording it with a friend of mine.. I’d love to be able to play for people and make money and whatnot doing it eventually.. So, I guess if you know me a little better it’s obviously been taking a good amount of my time away. Might sound ridiculous, but that’s where I’m at I guess..

- Depression doesn’t help either. I guess I’ll save you the painz of reading me whine about not caring/hating everything, failing in college, not finding work, other RL stuff, and wanting to not wake up again... Being active in a not-so-active clan is not as high on the priority list.

So there’s my explanation/s pretty much. I’m sorry it’s a wall of text larger than hell, but I feel as if I kind of owe it since you guys have been so amazing since I first joined. Sorry about the cheese, but I’ve grown up a bit with you all it seems and I love you for it. I’m sorry this came a bit on the heels of Josh’s potential retirement post, and I’m sorry since there have been a lot more legitimate excuses than ‘I’m depressed and apathetic to it all’... that’s me I guess. I’m not leaving foreves though. I’ll check up on the forums whenever I can and once I get around to actually getting JKA back up and running I’ll pop in on the server to say, "Hi". I’ll be on XboxLive, SCII, etc for those who are on there. I'll be on Facebook. I'll be on DeviantArt. I’ll be on Xfire. If I feel like I’m more active and can contribute to the clan more than I have been, then I’ll throw an app up to un-retire and see where it goes.

Until then, I, Shipau/H.B.K, Jedi Knight of the Angels of Fire Jedi Order, hereby relinquish my {JK} tags in favor of some not-as-shiny {RJK} ones. I’ll proudly keep wearing my AoF tee and I’ll keep in touch with those who want to and those I’ve been fortunate enough to say I've become good friends with. :)

It’s been an honor and a privilege, AoF.
May the Force be with you, always. B)

- Shipau/H.B.K.
- Aaron Buckley

Name:Shipau or HBK
Form/Saber
: Djem So, Soresu & Ataru. Blue, Purple, or Red Saber
Skin: HS Anakin Skywalker HS Anakin Skywalker Sith Eyes Reskin
Apprentice: n/a
Master: Novus'Olm/Inuyasha/Xzorin
Knight Brother: Elkairah

My artwork, blog, etc...

Kalek

Retirement

Post by Kalek » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:29 am

Real shame you're leaving Ship. Good luck with everything.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPAAAAAU!

I'm sorry but I had to do that one last time. :|

Kodin

Retirement

Post by Kodin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:08 am

Sad to see you go. You've been around here for a long time and I'd like to see you here again in the future.

Cya later.
Name: Kodin Vors
Skin: Kodin

Graduated Apprentices:
Hawk

Verlathor

Retirement

Post by Verlathor » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 am

Farewell, and good luck in the future.
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

Ocelots

Retirement

Post by Ocelots » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 am

It's sad to see you go :( But it's your choice and we respect it. Real life > JKA so it's a good idea to put jka away and focus on your real life aspects. You'll always be welcome if you want to drop by and slay some ppls once in a while :P

I wish you good luck in the future. :) (thumbUp)

Name: Ocelots
Rank/Profession: Jedi Knight
Lightsaber: Katarn hilt
Crystal: Dark Orange
skin: clicky (It's a pack so just choose revolver ocelot from it)
Masters I had:Raikiri{C} Glenn{C}
Apprentice: None
Apprentice I had: Kodin
Training for: Guardian

ZeroTM

Retirement

Post by ZeroTM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:40 am

Bro u jus gonna roll away like that?

XO

See you around man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

Saifus'Ven

Retirement

Post by Saifus'Ven » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Its been great knowing you. Ever since I joined AoF you were always a great friend and a fun person to duel. Good luck in the future.

Raikiri

Retirement

Post by Raikiri » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Bye dude. (well.. not really)

I'm glad to see you're keeping yourself occupied and away from your troubles. It's a shame that JKA isn't a way to do that for you anymore, but eh.. we're facebook and xbox buds so who cares?

talk to ye later shippy

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.