Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Novus'Olm

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Novus'Olm » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

For those of you who remember, a while back we attempted to start up a TFFA League within AoF called The Inferno League. (Details: Reference)

However, due to some issues with activity and booting/quitting at the time.. the idea never really took off.

Due to member input, The Jedi Council has decided to reboot this project with a few adjustments.

Here's how the new Inferno League will work.

====================================================

Overview

Each Jedi Council Member will captain an Inferno Squadron. (A TFFA team consisting of between four and five members)

The members of each squadron will be chosen by The Jedi Council after a MCA or basic TFFA match is had, and will be discussed in admin chat so as to avoid favoritism. The selection will be performance based.

One candidate from each squadron will be chosen by the squadron's Council Member as a "Flame Haze", or Battle Strategist to help the team be self-regulating. (I will be participating, not moderating.)

Once every two weeks, all squadrons will be tossed into a randomizer and paired off for official TFFA matches. The Scoring System will be a bit more complicated than just Team Wins and Team Losses, and is explained below.

Scoring, Types of Matches, and Positions

Positions: Each squadron has a Captain and a Flame Haze. Flame Hazes are the Battle Strategists of the squad, and unlike last time, are not a leadership role. The Flame Haze is responsible for keeping record of the squad's Kill/Death Ratio Screenshots, as well as coming up with battle strategies.

The Squad Captain, aka the Jedi Council Member in charge of each squad, is responsible for scheduling Squad Practices, Non-Official Practice Matches, and making sure every member of the squad is present at Official Matches.

Match Types: There are three types of matches.
  • Squad Practice Match: This is a closed match reserved for individual squads to hone their skills and practice strategies. The squad may practice against a team of bots, or split themselves into two teams. The training server may be "rented out" for this purpose, with 24 hour advance notice PMed to Novus'Olm, Elkairah, or IrishDragon.
  • Non-Official Scrim: This is a closed match between two squadrons who wish to test out their strategies against eachother. There is no official score kept, and the K/D and Team Wins do not count towards the squads' score.
  • Official Match: This is the real deal. Matches take place bi-weekly between two randomly chosen squadrons.
Scoring: In addition to the basic Team Standings (Wins/Losses), there will also be an additional element to the scoring system. Each team will have their individual members' K/D ratios added up and averaged out for a Team K/D. The team with the best K/D ratio will place higher on the rankings than a team with a similar Standing, but poor K/D ratio.

Each "Tournament" will last three months (Aka 6 matches). After this time, the winning squadron (Highest total score) will receive a Wings of the Inferno badge on their profile and wiki page, as well as be chosen to represent The Angels of Fire as our official TFFA team until the next tournament.

Teams have already started to form, and will continue throughout May 8th.

Questions? Post here.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Aries

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Aries » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 am

There are clans out there that like to do random TFFA matches. The inferno was originally created so we had multiple teams and if one had all it's members it could accept the challenge. Not many clans do organized TFFA, that is true but if I'm not mistaken JAWA does TFFA often

Verlathor

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Verlathor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:18 am

We often have people come request matches.

We usually lose them, but that's because we don't use cheapery. XP
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

Ocelots

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Ocelots » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Yea most of the others clan are not very great to fight with.. most of them poke or fan... JAWA would be best suited to start with. They are a good clan with a good structure and most of the Council members are familiar with SiLink.

Anyway I like the idea :) hope it will work better than last time D:

Name: Ocelots
Rank/Profession: Jedi Knight
Lightsaber: Katarn hilt
Crystal: Dark Orange
skin: clicky (It's a pack so just choose revolver ocelot from it)
Masters I had:Raikiri{C} Glenn{C}
Apprentice: None
Apprentice I had: Kodin
Training for: Guardian

Raikiri

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Raikiri » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:24 pm

I do kind of like the idea of "qualifying" matches.. That is to say, teams forming as a result of a clan-wide TFFA "tryout". Do these teams reset say.. every season?
How long would the seasons last? 3 months? 6 months?
I could see 2 bi-weekly "Official" TFFA matches happening (or however many it takes to have all teams compete every 2 weeks) for 6 months. That's a 12-match (or again, however many it takes) season, and then another month of weekly "best-of-3" or "best-of-5" playoffs, ending in a championship. Then teams reform with another "clan tryout"/ "draft"

Have I got this correct?

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.

Mydin

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Mydin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:29 pm

I think that this kind of thing would be perfect to share with JAWA, it's not clan versus clan but rather miniature teams within both clans (mixed even). It would definitely let everyone get to know each other more and more friends would be gained because of it. Obviously there would have to be equal JAWA members to AoF but that would be a bridge crossed when the time came.

I do like this idea, nothing like friendly competition. And whether this league is taken to other clans or not, it will be fun and worth while as long as everyone does it and doesn't half commit.

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Novus'Olm

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Raikiri,Apr 27 2011, 01:24 PM wrote: I do kind of like the idea of "qualifying" matches.. That is to say, teams forming as a result of a clan-wide TFFA "tryout". Do these teams reset say.. every season?
How long would the seasons last? 3 months? 6 months?
I could see 2 bi-weekly "Official" TFFA matches happening (or however many it takes to have all teams compete every 2 weeks) for 6 months. That's a 12-match (or again, however many it takes) season, and then another month of weekly "best-of-3" or "best-of-5" playoffs, ending in a championship. Then teams reform with another "clan tryout"/ "draft"

Have I got this correct?
For the most part, yes. Though I didn't think about the Best of 3 or 5.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Raikiri

Inner-Clan TFFA Bracket

Post by Raikiri » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:42 am

This has my fun idea seal-of-approval.

I'm happy to administrate or officiate in what capacity I can...

Keeping Leadership Brackets up to date, team rosters, Individual Scores, Team Scores, voting for League MVP? (just had that idea right now)

~Raikiri~
Retired Jedi Knight, Former Council Member, Enforcer, Wiki Admin, General Badass

Master: IrishDragon, AkaiOuyama
Padawan(s): Ocelots{C}, Mydin{RJK}
Goal: To burn your house down, circle around, and hit the hydrants so you can't put your burning furniture out.