A Time has come...

Elkairah

A Time has come...

Post by Elkairah » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Over the course of the past 4-5 years of my life, I had devoted myself to the Angels of Fire Jedi Order. There were many times that I had enjoyed being a part of the clan, partaking in events like LMS, TFFA, and more. I enjoyed dueling players, both inside and outside the clan (save for the exploiters, but can't help that), and have learned much from it. I have also made many friends inside and outside the clan, and have learned much from them as well. My experience in being with the Angels of Fire has been very enjoyable... however, over the course of the last year and a half, I had been gradually... losing my drive for being an active part of the clan, so to speak.

Over this last semester, you may have noticed that I have been absent completely from the clan, save for a few select days in which I decided to see how the clan was doing. The reason for this, is that I decided to take an unannounced vacation from AoF, to just focus on certain things in my life as well as school. I found though, that whenever AoF came to thought during this time, I had no real desire to return, even late in the semester... and unfortunately even now as I type this... The days when I decided to come around to see how AoF was, I also tested myself, to see how I felt about the game, and unfortunately, I had lost nearly all interest in it, as I don't even play around in SP much anymore.

I had come to an unfortunate realization, that in heart, I no longer had a desire to be part of the Angels of Fire as a member of the clan. My drive for being a part of the clan as well as for JKA is all but lost... The community itself however, I will always cherish, as I have made many friends here, and that you cannot find a community like ours nearly anywhere on the web.

You probably know where this is coming to by now, so I will state my plans for retirement.

This announcement may be of a shock to you, or it may not, but I believe that it would be far too inappropriate for someone of higher rank, position, and stature to just make a single post and leave. There are things that need to be taken care of...

The first step in my plan towards retirement is to step down from the Council as effectively and immediately as possible, as my administrative work is finished.

The second step is formally put Kalek through evaluations and hopefully trials. Should he not pass for the reason that he is not yet ready to ascend, I will stay to try and help to get him to the level he needs. I do not wish to leave on a whim and abandon Kalek, returning him to an Initiate, he deserves better.

The third and final step, should Kalek prevail in his evaluations and trials, I will officially retire.

I must express my apologies for not announcing that I would be absent like how I was over the course of the semester, as well as for not making things clear before, as this may seem to be coming straight out of the blue. I must say though, that it would be worse if I were to continue like how I was, as I would be abandoning the clan, and be discharged due to inactivity.

I know that in the past, I have stated that I would always be a part of the Angels of Fire, that I my place in it would die should the clan die. Unfortunately, as time goes forward, things can change, sometimes slowly and sometimes drastically. I must make clear though, that if I were to continue on how I was, I would most likely be discharged due to inactivity, and that I would be lying to myself as well as the clan as a whole, in pretending remain an active member... none of you deserve to be lied to...

If you wish to ask any questions or comment in response to this announcement, you may do so.

Name: Elkairah
Class: Guardian
Honor Title: Dual Master
Masters: Anca'Lime, InuYasha
Knights Trained:
Kagome
Kalek
Knight Brother: H.B.K
Skin: HS Jedi Customization V5, Vincent Valentine

Verlathor

A Time has come...

Post by Verlathor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

:/

I'll be incredibly sad to see you go. You've been a great inspiration to me, and I've always respected you for your skill and attitude.

But there's no point in forcing yourself to play if you don't want to.

I only hope we get along without one of the cornerstones of our community.

Good luck in the future, and may the force be with you my brother.
Name: Verlathor

Saber Style: Fior Di Battalgia
Former Masters: Raikiri, Mydin, Leonhart
Former Padawan: JustNeilOne
Skin: Female Jedi Customisation

Willow

A Time has come...

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Elk stepping down is a sad time and an end of an era. You were the first person I met in AoF and JKA, along with Anca. You taught me ALL the basics, encouraged me to apply, and were my first (and a BEASTLY) sparring partner. I've seen you go from being among the most promising {P}s in the clan to one of the greatest {JM}s I've ever seen. You're a pillar of [AoF] and even though my own days as an AoFer are long gone, it makes me sad to know that on the few times I decide to visit, I can't know you'll be waiting on the server to hand me my buns.

Good luck man, I hope to duel you sometime in the near future.

teh Willow
Names: Mr. Hobbs, Vigilante, Willow, Warlock
Rank/Profession: Journeyman, padawan, Lord of the {JANITOR} clan
Combat Style: Form LXXVII - The way of the Tree

ZeroTM

A Time has come...

Post by ZeroTM » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 pm

too bad you gotta go Elkie, we have some great mindless zombie fun

nice to see you stay and see Kalek through to JK, and if he's smart he'll stay paddy forever... jk jk

but you gotta do what you gotta do, cya around

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal: Purple
Combat: Ataru
Model: Advent Children - Spanki/White Cloud
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All those people do is insult my intelligence." ~Novus'Olm

Kodin

A Time has come...

Post by Kodin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Elk, I owe a majority of my training to you. You took the time to spend countless hours practicing with me on the server in the AM hours. You served as my Mentor on and off the server.

You were a picture perfect role model to AoF's Younglings long before I arrived and for several years after.

It will be truly sad to see you go.

If the mood strikes you, come and say hello now and again, we'd all appreciate seeing you.

Brother to Brother, yours in the force.
Name: Kodin Vors
Skin: Kodin

Graduated Apprentices:
Hawk

Kalek

A Time has come...

Post by Kalek » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Master, you've been in my corner since I was a hopeful and I have improved much under your tutelage. We started with you backhanding me in every direction, and now when we meet we beat the ever loving crap out of each other on basically equal levels, You have done a good job and I will get to Knight with what you taught me. Then I will steal your social security number and the rest will fall into place..

Bish.

Mydin

A Time has come...

Post by Mydin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 pm

An extraordinary individual, you were one of the people whom I attended the server just to duel (however rare that was) because you always were and always will be a great competitive yet modest player. You were worthy of your role as council, proved even more so by your initiative to step down, and you determination to fulfil your duty as Jedi in training Kalek to Jedi Knight; which is something I can't say I did when my flame for AoF was extinguished.

You we're a great member of the clan, and I am sure you will become a great retired member as well.

x-Padawans: Verlathor, Vultax, Utini
x-Master: Raikiri

Ocelots

A Time has come...

Post by Ocelots » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

As I said in your last post which looks very similar to this one o.o I accept your decision and I'll always be your friend. We are not in your head thus, we can't be mad at you because you leave. It's your own choice. It was a pleasure fighting against you, brother. I remember the old days where we used to train together :P You will always be welcome to this server. ^_^ And I'm glad to see that you're going to keep training kalek till he gets his JK. That's how a real jedi acts.

I wish you good luck in the future! (thumbUp)

-Ocelots

Name: Ocelots
Rank/Profession: Jedi Knight
Lightsaber: Katarn hilt
Crystal: Dark Orange
skin: clicky (It's a pack so just choose revolver ocelot from it)
Masters I had:Raikiri{C} Glenn{C}
Apprentice: None
Apprentice I had: Kodin
Training for: Guardian