Cancer Research Relay for Life!

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi guys, just so you know i am still around, am not having a great time as my medication keeps having to be changed due to some nasty side effects (i wont go into the details as it may put you off your food :P) These side effects are almost under control (for now) so i am starting to get back to where i was a few months back.

Anyway as part of my recovery i randomly decided to put a team together for the 24 hour relay for life on the 25th of this month (10 days time). This is a 24 hour walking event where your team has to have someone out on the track at all times, although i only have 2 registered team members i have a few more confirmed members (aiming for 6-8 members) Some of you may remember i took part last year when someone dropped out of my brothers team on the day, however i did not ask for donations that time. this time as it is my own team i would like to ask those that can to donate for a good cause. Normally i would not ask for donations here, but we have all lost someone to cancer who know someone that has, which is why i think it is a good cause to support!

That Lot Over There Team Page

Thank you in advance to anyone who donates, I shall keep you posted on the day via my phone while in a tent in the middle of the walking track :D

-Ed
AKA Moosey

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:34 am

Just bumping this topic to keep it visible!

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 am

3 hours until the start, have raised around £150 so far from on-line and local sponsorship. It is however raining so it looks like a wet start :S

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

8 hours in, it has stopped raining although the ground from the tent to the track is like a swamp. Have covered around 10 miles on my times on the track. The hard part is approaching with night waking so any messages of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Cheers Q, now almost 15 hours in our team of 4 has dropped down to 3 for the night so we are each having to do an extra hour to cover it. Hence why I am awake and not asleep in a warm tent.

Have not encountered any vampires yet, think it is too cold even for them lol.

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:59 am

After 24 hours, a fair amount of rain, a cold night and a baking hot morning, 8 hours of walking and no sleep I have returned home! Covered 26 miles during my stints out on the track, someone please wake me up by wednesday :D