State of the Order: May 2013

Novus'Olm

Post by Novus'Olm » Wed May 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Greetings, all.

Recently, some of you have expressed concern over the state of the order due to the activity levels over the past 2 weeks; I wanted to address those concerns.

For those of you who are newer to AoF (less than a year of service), you may not be familiar with our activity patterns. Many of our members are either below the age of 18 and in public school, or are in college. Both of these categories are affected by the same thing; Finals.

Mid april to early june is one of our worst activity periods due to school. Finals, Graduation, etc all happen around this time. This is also the time where families are taking vacations, meaning those of us in the customer service or tourism industries are going to be busier at work.

Our playtimes shift, but are also lowered. I know that for myself, I usually average anywhere from 3 to 7 hours a week on Jedi Academy, but lately I have been struggling to hit the 3 simply because there's no one else awake when I am except Puffin.

With all this being said, I understand the concerns that have been brought to my attention. The Jedi Council is used to these events, and I guess we've sort of shrugged them off.

So, with that being said, don't worry. Come June, we'll be back up and running at regular capacity. Take this time to recharge, do things you enjoy, and not worry about your status.

Other concerns that have been brought to my attention are people becoming desperate and constantly bugging others to jump on the servers when they are clearly occupied. For this period of time, just take it easy. Activity is not a primary concern right now due to the majority of our members being indisposed for RL reasons. AoF is more than just JA; we're a family. Take this time to socialize in other ways, maybe do some Steam stuff, or just chat. Let people recharge for a while by doing other things.

If you have private concerns or comments regarding this post, please contact myself or a member of The Jedi Council.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Moosero

Post by Moosero » Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Totally Agree but wish to add a suggestion.

If you have spare time and no one is on, do something creative, and share it on the forums. You don't have to create your own stuff, you can simply find a collection of something and post about it (like my music thread), or if you can create, then post your creations (Like McFish with his art). We used to have a fantastic creative section back in the day, and it works well as people can check it when they have a spare few mins, i know I am busy with work at the moment as i'm on a business course, but still love to check forums and things every now and then

If you don't want stuff to be visible to non-members, we also have members only sections, So try posting about yourself, a hobby, a talent, anything.