Angels of Fire Weekly Event Night

Novus'Olm

Post by Novus'Olm » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 am

The actual night has yet to be determined, because a schedule among Rcon holders needs to be worked out. Tentative first date: April 12th, 2011.

Beginning on this date, The Angels of Fire Jedi Order will host a public event night each week, using a rotation of popular events such as TFFA, CTF, etc, and AoF-Created events such as Mission Mode, Last Man Standing, Zombies, and Prison Break.

In order to avoid cries of favoritism or lack of voting on events, every member of the clan is welcome to suggest their favorite AoF or standard JA "game" to play on these nights.

3 to 4 games per event will be randomly selected from a list one hour before the event night commences. To support multiple time zones, the games will each be repeated twice throughout the night from 3 or 4 in the afternoon to 1 or 2 in the morning EST.

If you'd like to create your own game to be used for consideration, great! Just follow these guidelines:
  • Your game must be able to support anywhere from 5 to 32 players. (32 being the maximum number of slots on the server)
  • Your game must still follow The Angels of Fire Code of Conduct and Server Stability rules. (We will not enable Cheats, we will not give everyone admin usage, We will not disable the swear filter, we will not use different ranks or tags.)
  • Your game must have a place for everyone on the server at that time. You are not allowed to choose favorites or forbid certain ranks/people/groups from participating.
  • Your game must follow The Angels of Fire Rank Rules. (Members below the rank of Jedi Knight will not be allowed to use other sabers or force powers unless given expressed permission by an Rcon Holder or the GrandMaster, or 2 Council Members.)
  • Stick with base maps. If a custom map is to be used, you'll need to write a detailed description as to why. We don't want to be loading tons of maps onto the primary server.
Once you've come up with your idea, post a detailed explanation, (using proper grammatical structure) within the newly created Events Forum, located within The Vortex in Apprenticeship Square.

A topic asking for game suggestions will also be made for those who just want to pick from pre-created games.

Cheers.
Novus'Olm

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Novus'Olm

Post by Novus'Olm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Since there were no suggestions, replies, or any form of attention paid to this post, I did not perform the event night this evening.

Bump.

Jedi Academy Info:

Visit my AoF Wiki Page for information about me.
Rules and Regulations of AoF
Rank Rules

Ocelots

Post by Ocelots » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:48 pm

So it is each tuesday? or a random day in the week?

Name: Ocelots
Rank/Profession: Jedi Knight
Lightsaber: Katarn hilt
Crystal: Dark Orange
skin: clicky (It's a pack so just choose revolver ocelot from it)
Masters I had:Raikiri{C} Glenn{C}
Apprentice: None
Apprentice I had: Kodin
Training for: Guardian

Leonhart

Post by Leonhart » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:45 am

Probably would have helped if you had actually created "A topic asking for game suggestions will also be made for those who just want to pick from pre-created games."

Nothing like that ever came up so we couldn't pick what we wanted to do Tuesday.